Zebralight SC64w HI

Glock27

Enlightened
I just PM'd them asking about why the 2nd day in Pre-Shipment status.
I have been asking them to put a HI emitter in the SC6Xw series since HI's were available.....still just out of reach!
I do have an H600c Mk IV XHP50.2 4000K High CRI Out For Delivery!

G27

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I look at my last couple of Zebra orders this year, it took 2 days from when I got the shipping e-mail, until tracking said they were in the mail.
Yup. I wouldn't worry. Those of us in the U.S. who got shipping notification this week should have the lights in our hands by the end of next week.

Glock27

Enlightened
November 1, 2018, 8:21 am
Out for Delivery
ROLLA, MO 65401
Your item is out for delivery on November 1, 2018 at 8:21 am in ROLLA, MO 65401.

November 1, 2018, 8:11 am
Sorting Complete
ROLLA, MO 65401

November 1, 2018, 5:26 am
Arrived at Post Office
ROLLA, MO 65401

November 1, 2018, 5:14 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
ROLLA, MO 65401

November 1, 2018, 2:37 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
SPRINGFIELD MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 31, 2018, 10:45 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
KANSAS CITY KS NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 31, 2018, 4:04 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
KANSAS CITY KS NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 30, 2018, 5:10 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
DALLAS TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 29, 2018, 10:33 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
DALLAS TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 29, 2018, 9:18 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
IRVING, TX 75038

October 29, 2018, 1:49 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
IRVING, TX 75038

^^^^This is usually what happens when they print a label for me. This is the H600c + Cells + replacement headbands.
G27

Last edited:

Glock27

Enlightened
Hopefully USPS just didn't get their tracking updated. ZL is pretty adamant that 64wHIs were picked up yesterday.
(Administrator)
11/1/2018 3:34:39
Shipped yesterday. USPS tracking: XXXXXXXXX

G27

CreeCrazy

Newly Enlightened
Mine arrived today. It's exactly what you would expect from Zebralight SC64w HI. Has a tighter beam mine with a perfect tanish creamy neutral tint without a hint of yellow or green. The beam profile is a mix between the SC600w and the SC600w HI being closer to the profile of the HI. Beam about 1/2 the size of the standard SC64 beam at about 12 feet. Hotspot being what appears to be about twice as bright at the highest level to my eye. Anodizing is standard Zebralight and mine has a small blemish around where the switch was seated in the body. Not a dealbreaker for me but a small disappointment. I was going to take a wall shot and the camera picks up a ring that is not visible to my eye and wasn't a good representation of the beam as I'm only using a phone camera.

Glock27

Enlightened
Glitch was in USPS tracking. Finally updated to " Your item arrived at the Post Office at 4:40 am on November 3, 2018 in ROLLA, MO 65401." I'll get it today!

G27

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
You gentlemen have me refreshing this page often, hoping for beam shots. I just received the SC600W IV Plus and am trying to talk myself into why I need both:naughty:

I won't derail this thread with talk about the 50.2 lights, so on with the pics already:popcorn:

holygeez03

Enlightened
Mine should arrive tomorrow (Monday)... I will do my best to verbally compare it to my SC600IV Plus and SC62w.

Glock27

Enlightened
Well waiting for darkness to further test the HI! Definitely throws farther! Will be interesting to see lux readings...

G27

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
and bam! mine just appeared at my local PO and eta is today

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my SC64w HI on Friday. Here are some preliminary lux numbers.

MY TEST SETUP: My testing system is very simple. I tape the sensor of my lux meter to the wall near the floor. Then use a measuring tape to measure off 1 meter. I then place the light on the floor at the 1 meter mark and point at the meter just long enough to see the reading. My readings are at turn-on with fresh cells only.

Also in practice, my system seems to overrate the lux readings by about 30%. My readings are accurate when compared to other lights tested with the same system, but if you're actually calculating distance or trying to compare to what someone might get with a calibrated system, please reduce my readings by 30%.

Light ................. Battery used (fresh charge) ........................ lux reading
SC64w................. Sony VTC5A ............................................... 9,400
SC64w HI............ Sony VTC5A .............................................. 14,600
SC600w IV Plus..... Sony VTC5A ............................................... 14,700
SC600w III HI ...... Sony VTC5A ............................................... 26,600
Emisar D4 Ti ........ Sony VTC5A ............................................... 27,600
Emisar D4 Al ........ Sony VTC5A ............................................... 28,800
Sofirn SP10B Mod . Efest purple 14500 ....................................... 18,800
Eagtac DX3 ......... Aspire 1100 mAh 18350 ................................. 10,100
Led Lenser Mt10 ... Sony VTC5A ............................................... 28,000

Notes:
(1) The Sofirn SP10B mod is using an Emisar D4 driver with XPL HI 4000K on copper.
(2) Both Emisar D4s are stock and are equipped with 4000K XPL HI 5D. They should have gotten the same result, but one just happens to be brighter than the other. Perhaps one just got luckier with its LEDs.

Conclusions:
(1) When the -30% "fudge factor" for my test setup is figured in the SC64w HI should still output over 10,000 lux
(2) The SC64w HI has approximately 55% more lux than the regular SC64W.
(3) The SC64w HI has about the same peak throw as the SC600w IV Plus, but with a much smaller hotspot and dimmer spill.
(4) At turn-on, the Emisar D4 is so bright it makes the SC64w Hi looks like it's not even on. However, the D4 gets extremely hot extremely fast and the temp sensor causes its output to fall much faster than any of the Zebras.

Other notes:
(1) Beam pattern on the SC64W Hi is a lot like the SC62D or SC600w III HI. Relatively small bright hotspot with wide dim spill.
(2) Tint on my SC64w HI is slightly cooler than my SC64w. At a guess I'd put the SC64w HI at maybe 4800K. It looks good, but not quite as good as the tint on my SC64w.
(3) My SC64w HI may have a hardware quality control issue: On several occasions I have turned it on in turbo only to have the light turn off again 1 second later. If I press the button again it will turn on and stay on. This problem seems to be intermittent, but has happened enough times to be worth mentioning.

Last edited:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my SC64w HI on Friday. Here are some preliminary lux numbers.

Light ................. Battery used (fresh charge) ........................ lux reading
SC64w................. Sony VTC5A ............................................... 9,400
SC64w HI............ Sony VTC5A .............................................. 14,600
SC600w IV Plus..... Sony VTC5A ............................................... 14,700
SC600w III HI ...... Sony VTC5A ............................................... 26,600

Very interesting! I expected the lux to be greater than the SC600w MkIV Plus, which I find underwhelming. Probably just my imagination, because the spill is so bright on it. Also, I expected it to be closer to the 600w HI, not just a bit more than half.

(3) My SC64w HI may have a hardware quality control issue: On several occasions I have turned it on in turbo only to have the light turn off again 1 second later. If I press the button again it will turn on and stay on. This problem seems to be intermittent, but has happened enough times to be worth mentioning.

Grrrrrr! My 600w MkIV HI has that issue, but only when it's in winter weather. Cold (freezing) light + turning it on to H1 is not great. It has to warm up before H1 will work consistently. Very annoying. I really hope my 64w HI won't have that same issue. This time, I will be sending it back if it does.

Zebralight must be aware of this issue with some of their lights, because they're offering a "low temperature" battery now.

But if you're seeing this at room temperature, that is not promising. Have you tried a different (high drain) cell?

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very interesting! I expected the lux to be greater than the SC600w MkIV Plus, which I find underwhelming. Probably just my imagination, because the spill is so bright on it. Also, I expected it to be closer to the 600w HI, not just a bit more than half.
Both the SC 600w III HI and the SC64w HI use the same emitter (even if the SC64w uses a more recent bin). It shouldn't be surprising that the SC600w III HI has much better throw considering it has a much bigger reflector.

But if you're seeing this at room temperature, that is not promising. Have you tried a different (high drain) cell?
This problem has occurred several times for me at room temperature. I've even had it occur above room temperature when the light has been sitting in my pocket next to my leg for an hour.

So far the only cells I've used in it are Sony VTC5, 5A and 6 .... all three are high drain IMR cells. All were purchased from Mountain Electronics, and I use them to power my D4s and my other Zebras.

Over the years I've purchased probably 14 Zebralights and over half of them were defective. However, this is the first time any of my Zebras has ever experienced this particular problem.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Fireclaw! Those results were what I was hoping for. Just got the SC600w IV Plus as a place holder and was hoping this would be the result. Yeah, D4 is fun, but scary.

JStraus

Newly Enlightened
Realy quick beamshot next to my SC64c in my office on M1 with the office lights on.

LV4EtP9
https://imgur.com/LV4EtP9 "c" on the left and "w HI" on the right...