A boots thread

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I have 3 small windows on my front door so that would be burglars can be introduced to the hounds before deciding to proceed. If they make the mistake of trying to get past the hounds they will encounter an African gray parrot who haaaaaates everybody (including me).

Got dem Thorogood's
View attachment 27486
The safety store finally got some and the ocd voices gave the owner my number to call when they arrived.

View attachment 27487
4 wheel drive soles.
Model 803-3239 are close to wearing lace up boots. Imagine lace up boots untied regarding how tight they fit but won't fling off when goose stepping.
Nearly a year later
9D685604-5FCE-4537-A465-F99C9FD0F9E4.jpeg

Get more comfortable by the day.

I had read reviews saying by now they should be disintigrated, but the reviews were an e-store named after a river where it's a 50/50 shot you are getting the real thing or a pretty close looking knock off.

The crazy horse leather is marked up a little but so far pretty care free. I think applying Bick 4 helps repel dirt and dust. Not like wearing your favorite walking shoes yet they don't feel like big clunky boots either.

Well worth the coin.

richief

Newly Enlightened
I been wearing work boots a long time, redwings other high dollar boots, but now I only wear Meindl comfort fit hikers, because they are the most comfortable things I ever had.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_9987.jpeg

Went looking online at boot making companies for safety shoes in slip on type. I found a bunch of over priced shoes with questionable durability then saw the Suadex canvas boat shoe style low cut boots for $40 (delivered) at the big river site. My intent was to go to a store and try on said shoes yet none of the stores near me showed anything interesting so I went against my normal "try them on first" approach.

Ordered size 11, received size 45 😱. Well it turns out that's European for US size 12. They must run small because these size 45's fit nicely.

How durable? Eh, time will tell. Soles are glued to the shoe but other than that they seem constructed fairly well. A bit heavy compared to a slip on boat shoe but the all terain rubber sole and steel toe don't defy the laws of gravity. Yet they're mighty comfy with replaceable insoles.