A bicycle thread.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
What year is that bike from letschat?

My neighbor was a big fitness guy until he nearly died from a fish bone stuck in his throat. He'd never be caught dead on an electric bike before that. Recently he went whizzing past my house on his shiney new electric bike. He's still in pretty good shape and all but he no longer takes life so serious. He used to fret over his running socks causing his marathon time to be slower (he once said). Nowadays he smiles a lot more and enjoys life while he still can.

1CEF5B6A-E59A-4F50-8446-B1336FF93D71.jpeg

Last edited:

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the internet says late 60's-70's but I feel in my heart that it is from the early 90s. I got it in Aug. I asked a bike shop to sell me an American made bicycle and they thought this was a good idea. I did have money set aside for a Euro bike but instead bought flashlights with the money. There was a Merc Benz E Bike being mentioned on BLF as being on sale and I nearly got it. I'll probably be riding this for the next year or 2.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
JC Higgins was a Sears brand from 1908 to 1962. It's probably a Murray built bike with the Higgins name on it, sold at Sears.

Great source of info for old bicycles.

Last edited:

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bikes here in Ohio used to be free to $30 and now they are $50-100 for a used American made one from decades ago.

I think you are best off buying an American, Japanese, European, or British bike and fix it up or take it to a bicycle shop.

Bikes are also a host for a specialty flashlight!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
btw my bike is above my name love it but man it needs at least a front shock or a softer frame aluminum is so dang stiff compared to steel

raggie33

*the raggedier*
sweet bike astro love the tires should be good for street and trail love just one derailleur and huge disk brakes

The Hawk

Enlightened
I just bought myself this bike. I wore my old bike out. I ride every day, weather permitting. I paid about $550 for it. It is really nice. I don't treat myself to many things and my wife insisted that I get it. I really like it.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG_0705.jpeg
IMG_0578.jpeg
First is my e-bike. My wife has a heart problem, so I bought this so she could go on rides with me. But hot damn it's fun. I use it at least once a week to go into town for light grocery shopping. Got an 80lb bag of dog food this trip. Town in 10 miles away and I have a great rail trail to take. 10 miles of 15' wide crushed gravel surrounded by forest. It doesn't suck. And I can set how much power I want so I can decide how much exercise I get.

The second one is my 4 inch tires. Yes it is as fun as it looks. I mostly use this for trail riding and riding on the beach. And for snow when winter hits. It's not a good luck for riding on the road as those huge tires at a lot of drag. I am wiped after five or 6 miles. Plus I'm fat and unfit, which I'm sure doesn't help. But those big tires are so grippy and compliant. I run 10psi on trails, and 4 psi on beach/snow

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
My knees can't take pedaling, so I'm more interested in the more powerful, longer runtime pedal-less ones. Is that an entirely different class? What are they called, and what do they cost?