Dehydration thread

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha that guy sold a lot of juicers.
It does remove that hard to digest fibrous stuff.
Then knuckle can tell everyone he's on a raw liquid only diet.

I used to make veggie smoothies in a blender. They'd be so thick you'd have to eat them with a spoon. Good times.

I never stuck with juicers bc it took so long to prep + make + clean.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I had some teeth cut out one year and lived off of stuff from a food processor for a couple of weeks. I ate pretty much anything I wanted.... with a spoon. My wife would freak out when I'd grind a bolgne sandwich and doritos into a powder and eat it. Stuff like that. A cheeseburger, peanuts, bacon etc. Sometimes I'd add a bit of beverage to get the mixture to stick together a little better. I mean, afterall when it reaches the stomach it all mixes anyway, so why not save a step?

Today's hydration plan is to sip on spring water all day via a straw, using a 16oz container.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

A diet without binders, fillers, preservatives, different meat glues,, will help a digestive system alot.
Think simpler unprocessed foods; Nuts, good cheese, beans ect.. FIBER!
Lose the sugary drinks.

Really, it all starts with nutrition (I had to take Nutrition class in Culinary school; yes, I actually went to Culinary school)

I don't want to preach,, everyone hates that.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Nothing wrong with Culinary School if you ask me. Kowing how to eat and make things to eat is a basic skill that's always in high demand, whether a survival situation or a peace with abundance.

Plus it teaches you to not be dehydrated like a silly sausage :grin2:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I read the joy of cooking cover to cover one year and it got me all excited to go to a culinary school about 2 hours away, learn to cook and work at seaside restaraunts so I could surf until 10am every day, but decided not to. I stuck around home instead.
Btw the book didn't teach me a damthing about dehydration... unless you mean dehydrating onions.

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember Army cooks driving deuce and half with their large pots and pans banging in the beds making a racket of noise. Snipers loved aiming at those pots and pans.. No Sir, I do not wish to volunteer to be a cook!

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
I watch videos of Michelin kitchens...those workers don't look like they are having much fun at all.
+

You've heard the saying "burning the candles at both ends"

Being a corporate chef is like "burning a stick of dynamite at both ends while guzzling Jim Beam straight"
...day after day, every weekend & every holiday, year after year.

On a lighter note, while going to Culinary school & working, I read On Food and Cooking cover to cover:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I watch videos of Michelin kitchens...those workers don't look like they are having much fun at all.

Being a corporate chef is like "burning a stick of dynamite at both ends while guzzling Jim Beam straight"...day after day, every weekend & every holiday, year after year.
A lot of people think their job is the most difficult and that everyone else's is easy, I guess.

Plenty of admiration for those I've seen working their fingers to the bone, doing it with a smile, and with no complaints.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

My posts yesterday about when I was a chef, were my first & last here.
Couple times in my life I went through a complete reset.

That goes into why I'm posting in a dehydration thread,, people can change, with their health or lifestyle.

One of my best friends is a big guy, over the last couple of years he put on alot of weight.
We've talked about it some and he knows basically some things he could do,, but he really doesn't.

People only change if they want to, hopefully he looks at his daughter & newborn on the way, to help motivate.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread inspired me bring out my water bottle.

CEEF97D9-3EAD-4D14-889D-D673056D9E3D.jpeg

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't the cap, strapped on like that, poke your face while gulping one hand, or is it a two hand operation ?

I personally like these (-:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220830-084313.png
    Screenshot_20220830-084313.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually have this one at the gym on my lifting days.
Doesn't work well for cardio b\c it just gets all over me, but otherwise it's great.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Cramps came back yesterday. Wham!
Sides and shoulders locked up tight man. Don't have a clue why. I coughed a lot recently from allergies so that may have strained my muscles? I dunno.

Today I slowly and methodically took in 2 liters of water, a liter of Drip Drop enhanced water, a 16oz Body Armor Lite, 12 oz of oj, and 24 oz of diet cran-grape. My food was sunflowers, yogurt, albacore tuna, beans, raisins, a banana and 1 slice of pizza. So far so good.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I was surprised to see little bottles of pickle juice being sold at a gas station checkout the other day. I guess there's something to that.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been scarfing a pickle with my sandwiches at lunch lately. Hot weather is creating a craving for salt. The vinegar is keeping mosquitoes off. So it's a win, win..
I can can handle about 3 hrs yard work with hydration before and during. After 1pm heat & UV has been unbearable. Todays high 111°F

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lost count how many peanut butter jars of ice water I've consumed already. 2pm and I'm done for the day. Near 100°F in shade. We get this weird heat inversion wind. Feels like a heat furnace blower coming at ya all different directions swirling. Man does it dry ya out..
Forecast said temp records expected to be smashed today. Last high was 1988 108° ~ Today 114° We are hotter than Las Vegas and Az.. Cali residents are being warned rolling blackouts are imminent..
God's way of saying, to more than a few jerks in charge, it's time to open safe nuclear power plants and build new reservoirs

Latest posts