Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SNEAK PEAK! Prometheus AAA Quick Release Keychain Flashlight

Subscribed...and eagerly waiting for further updates :D

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Subscribed.

Looks good, but it needs a moon mode to be truly useful.

SS (not polished) is my preferred keychain carry.

T45

Enlightened

For a start up project, 2 modes will do. In the very near future I am certain we will see a 3 or 4 mode version, moon mode included.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Perhaps an option is to outsource SS, Cu and some other metals like you do with the Ready-Made. The price would be higher than the Chinese manufactured lights, but the market is there..

Kamerat

Enlightened
SNEAK PEAK! Prometheus AAA Quick Release Keychain Flashlight

Subscribed and very interested!

sticktodrum

Enlightened

I'll take one. :D That hard anodized seems right up my alley. Subscribed to this.

rjking

Enlightened

Hi everyone! I'm really excited to make this post. I'm not even announcing this on my blog until wednesday. I've been working on this concept for about a year, and I just applied for a provisional patent so I can start showing the design around. That doesn't really generate a lot of security, but if you see this pop up somewhere else, be sure to let people know you saw it here first!

The images below are "beta" prototypes and fully functional. More than likely, the production versions will be offered in Type III hard anodize (with knurling) and Electroless Nickel (with fine flutes or smooth head) to match my other offerings.

If you are interested in seeing this light make it to production, please post a comment below!

You may also sign up on the email list so you'll be notified when this project launches.

Images clipped

Features that are "fixed" and not expected to change:

• UI: Two mode twisty - low-low (~10 lumens) and high (~60 lumens)
  • Battery: single AAA Alkaline or Ni-Mh (NO li-ion)
  • Quick Release Mechanism (NO pocket clips or non-QR version)
  • LED: Nichia 219 - 92+ CRI & 4500K CCT
  • Reflector: Light orange peel
  • Window: AR coated glass
  • Finishes: Electroless Nickel (smooth or fluted head) and HA III natural (knurled head)
  • Made in: China by a reputable flashlight manufacturer
  • Price: (approximate) $60.00 USD

Jason why am I seeing China here? :rolleyes:

archer6817j

Enlightened

@ rjking: heya, I commented on this in post #37 :) The short version is, I want this to be an affordable light. Another big reason is that I don't have any way to buy an appropriate driver to power this light, so I need the support of a manufacturer that can also supply the drivers. I may make some in-house lights, but in very limited quantities and much higher prices. Have to pay for my time :) I do hope to sell more than I can reasonably produce on my own. I'm only one person so it's pretty hard to make two versions of the Alpha, the pens, and add on another AAA light to my workload!

rjking

Enlightened

@ rjking: heya, I commented on this in post #37 :) The short version is, I want this to be an affordable light. Another big reason is that I don't have any way to buy an appropriate driver to power this light, so I need the support of a manufacturer that can also supply the drivers. I may make some in-house lights, but in very limited quantities and much higher prices. Have to pay for my time :) I do hope to sell more than I can reasonably produce on my own. I'm only one person so it's pretty hard to make two versions of the Alpha, the pens, and add on another AAA light to my workload!

I see. Missed the post.

KeeblerElf

Enlightened

Subscribed! I'm very interested in seeing how the project unfolds, and I'm particularly interested in a SS option.

Kamerat

Enlightened
SNEAK PEAK! Prometheus AAA Quick Release Keychain Flashlight

This might have been touched upon before, without me finding it :) when is this very interesting light expected to be released?

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any chance you will be doing this in Ti ?

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast

my partner's fenix e05 has been lost somewhere at home, so she is looking for a new kinda one, so I told her about this, and she would like to know when too.
will take two!.
thanks.

This might have been touched upon before, without me finding it :) when is this very interesting light expected to be released?

archer6817j

Enlightened

Hey folks, this project should be launching in a few months...basically when my KS pens are all shipped out. Getting some last details dialed in now to get ready for that!

The two standard models will be HAIII natural and EN plated aluminum. There is a very big "maybe" on exotic materials like Ti, Cu, and brass. If I do any of those, they will be made "in house" and not across the pond. Basically it will be a combination of available time and sufficient interest.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great to hear, we'll be waiting in the edges of our seats!

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.